surrey-online.co.uk > surreyCOMMUNITY :: Council Institutions :: Boroughs :: > Richmond Borough Council HQ

Richmond Borough Council HQ - Posted By Jamie Stuart (jamie) on 28th Apr 09 at 10:52am

Re: Richmond Borough Council HQ - Posted By humptydingo (humptydingo) on 24th Aug 09 at 8:13am

I'd like to express my distain of the housing dept. of Richmond Borough Council.  My nephew has spent 4 years trying to be social housed.  He has a 7 year old son of whom he successfully gained full parental control from his alcoholic mother.  Due to various blunders by housing dept. employees with regard to his points, court order restrictions etc., he and his son have spent 18 months in a hostile, amongst drunks and druggies, was only allowed one offer of accommodation which he had no alernative but to refuse because the court order stated his son should not be removed from the school he was attending.  A senior member of the dept. ,as part of his revenue, actually stated in writing that this court order was not a valid reason to refuse.  He has now come to the end of his stay in temporary accommodation - being threatened with eviction and even bailiffs and after his holiday here with me, he will return to this Bororugh homeless.   He has had no choice but to barrage the council with phone calls, letters, none of which have been menacing.  They now refuse to receive his calls.  This is a very decent man who through perseverance has developed his son from a timid unsure little boy to his attainment of the top star learning pupil in his class.  I want to know why the council cannot respect his determination and efforts and house him - they seem to have their own determination that this man should not win his battle over and above the ignorance of their employers.
Full marks to Richmond Borough for their distain and lack of humanity

Re: Richmond Borough Council HQ - Posted By kellylash (kellylash) on 2nd Sep 10 at 7:26pm

I'd like to express my distain of the housing dept. of Richmond Borough Council.  My nephew has spent 4 years trying to be social housed.  He has a 7 year old son of whom he successfully gained full parental control from his alcoholic mother.  Due to various blunders by housing dept. employees with regard to his points, court order restrictions etc., he and his son have spent 18 months in a hostile, amongst drunks and druggies, was only allowed one offer of accommodation which he had no alernative but to refuse because the court order stated his son should not be removed from the school he was attending.  A senior member of the dept. ,as part of his revenue, actually stated in writing that this court order was not a valid reason to refuse.  He has now come to the end of his stay in temporary accommodation - being threatened with eviction and even bailiffs and after his holiday here with me, he will return to this Bororugh homeless.   He has had no choice but to barrage the council with phone calls, letters, none of which have been menacing.  They now refuse to receive his calls.  This is a very decent man who through perseverance has developed his son from a timid unsure little boy to his attainment of the top star learning pupil in his class.  I want to know why the council cannot respect his determination and efforts and house him - they seem to have their own determination that this man should not win his battle over and above the ignorance of their employers.
Full marks to Richmond Borough for their distain and lack of humanity

This actually made me cry! I can understand that allot of these places are understaffed and under funded but it seems that its the most blantently obvious cases that are not dealt with properly, god knows what others ones get through which we dont know about?