surrey-online.co.uk

Welcome to the
surrey-online.CO.UK
registration form

By registering for free you will get access to our Online Forum and you will be able to comment on news articles
surrey-online.co.uk :: surreyLIVING :: General :: Air Raid Siren in Molesey??? - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
sandalsjay
[Avatar]

Junior Member **
Sex: Unspecified
Air Raid Siren in Molesey??? (27th Apr 10 at 8:13am UTC)
I work in West Molesey, Surrey and often in the morning at around 9am I hear something that sounds just like an old Air Raid Siren. Obviously it isnt, but it sounds very much like one. Does anyone else hear it or know what it is and where it comes from?

dazzlemonroe
[Avatar]

Junior Member **
Sex: Male
Re: Air Raid Siren in Molesey??? (29th Jun 10 at 8:08am UTC)
I've never heard them before today.
09:03am, Berrylands, distant sirens??
Is there something inbuilt that makes us extremely nervous when we hear them? I wasn't even alive during the war!! Although I remember the tv series Threads terrified me.

sandalsjay
[Avatar]

Junior Member **
Re: Air Raid Siren in Molesey??? (29th Jun 10 at 8:52am UTC)
I knew it! I'm so glad I'm not just going mad lol! I wasn't alive during the war either.. in fact I'm only 20, the only time I would have heard an air raid siren would have been on TV episodes and old war films yet the sound still makes me a little uneasy :S
Very strange!

moleseyharry
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Re: Air Raid Siren in Molesey??? (27th Mar 12 at 9:16am UTC)
There is an Air Raid Siren in molesey,

I have lived here all my life and went to one of the local primary schools and every tuesday at 9 the siren would go off, I have no idea why and no idea where abouts this is, but there is one.

I go to a school in cobham now but am on my easter holiday and heard the siren today but at 10am instead of 9

Hope this helps

Harry
 Printable View