surrey-online.co.uk

Welcome to the
surrey-online.CO.UK
registration form

By registering for free you will get access to our Online Forum and you will be able to comment on news articles
surrey-online.co.uk :: surreyLIVING :: General :: new job in surrey - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
chezza1974
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Sex: Unspecified
new job in surrey (21st May 09 at 10:50am UTC)
hi guys

i'm looking for a new job in surrey - want to be closer to home! do you know good sites to check out?  there are may Job sites to choose from including  Monster which i hate with a passion, total jobs and Reed which i've looked at  afew times.

Which ones do you guys think work? reed seems to be the clearest for me and monster was a nightmare with a million clicks to get to a page lol. are there any other good ones out there? i'm trying to keep it general becuase i dont' know what to do. *sigh*. thats half my problem.

Also does anyone know any jobs in and around lightwater? i would love to walk to work and not get stuck in traffic thanks to the delights of woking traffic works"!!!

emily-o
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Sex: Unspecified
Re: new job in surrey (21st May 09 at 3:20pm UTC)
Hey Chezza,
I have used job sites before when I was unemployed. The main one I used was CV-library. It was easy to navigate but I never heard anything back from the jobs I applied for. Monster I found rather confusing and it took me a while to get to grips with how to get around. i think the easiest I used was Careers and jobs simply because the narrowing down was quick and easy!

I have never heard replies back from job sites though. I do not know whether the numbers of applicants was overwhelming or the recruiter simply didn't have enough time to reply to everyone! I would rather use a good old newspaper. I saves going between companies and I know the application has gone directly to the recruiter. Though naturally using a newspaper you will not have the vast choice of jobs!

Have you joined an agency? Agencies are FAB - it is in their interest to find you a job after all {Wink} I will try and find you a link to a south east specific one!
 Printable View