surrey-online.co.uk

Welcome to the
surrey-online.CO.UK
registration form

By registering for free you will get access to our Online Forum and you will be able to comment on news articles
surrey-online.co.uk :: surreyLIVING :: Walks in Surrey :: Sunningdale to Virginia Water walk. - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
paulswalks
[Avatar]

Junior Member **
Sex: Male
Sunningdale to Virginia Water walk. (9th Dec 09 at 4:53pm UTC)
Walking from Sunningdale BR Station to Virgina Water BR Station via Sunningdale Golf course, Long Down, Longcross, Chert
Not a great day to attempt this walk with rain most of day - although with the amount of rain with have had over the past month the walk would still have been waterlogged even if the sun was out, and it did get very waterlogged and boggy.

The walk takes in mostly public footpaths however I found it very hard to find them on the Golf Course and on a nicer and therefore a busier day for golfers I would have taken the Ridge Mount Rd across the course. Some footpaths were very narrow and overgrown near the end of the walk, there was also a short section on a main road. I had planned to walk across Chobham Common but this was abandoned due to the weather - roll on Summer!

Click here for Google Map of walk....

Happy Walking

aj999
[Avatar]

Regular Member ***
Sex: Male
Re: Sunningdale to Virginia Water walk. (10th Dec 09 at 10:03am UTC)
the last pic looks like a battlefield or something out of a war movie! {Shocked} very nice photo! i bet it's a lot nicer on a day like today though {Rolleyes} *looks through window at clear blue sky*
 Printable View