surrey-online.co.uk

Welcome to the
surrey-online.CO.UK
registration form

By registering for free you will get access to our Online Forum and you will be able to comment on news articles
surrey-online.co.uk :: surreyLIVING :: Walks in Surrey :: Leith Hill OR Leith Mountain??? - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
paulswalks
[Avatar]

Junior Member **
Sex: Male
Leith Hill OR Leith Mountain??? (8th Feb 09 at 1:23pm UTC)
A Walk up Surrey's High Point.

Leith Hill - or Leith Mountain (as the Tower takes the hill to above 985 ft. !!!) is the highest point in Surrey.

I was expecting some great views at the top  - but you have to actually go up the Tower to get the 'coast to city' views - which due to time constraints and approaching bad weather i didn't.  However the walk is well worth it as on the approach to Coldharbour are some nice views - and there is a pretty 'lake' at Friday Street with a little bird garden. The best reason to do this walk is the great possibility of getting completely lost in many trails around Wotton Common - so take your compass and test out your map reading skills!

The walks starts and ends at Holmwood  BR Station - but be advised the last train from this station seemed very early (something like 8.20 pm). I travelled from Kingston on the bus to Dorking and then by Rail for 1 stop.

Click here for a Google map of walk....
 Printable View