surrey-online.co.uk > surreyLIVING :: Cinemas & Films :: > What's your favourite cinema and why?

What's your favourite cinema and why? - Posted By lucymac (lucymac) on 23rd Nov 09 at 12:39pm
Hi,

I'm really keen on films and love going to the cinema. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with which cinemas are the best and definately worth a visit!

Thanks {Grin}

Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? - Posted By asurreywalker (asurreywalker) on 23rd Nov 09 at 3:12pm
The Richmond Filmhouse is a 1 screen cinema which usually shows 'arthouse' films - but some major releases get shown here. Cosy and great when you want a change from the multiplexes cattle-herding techniques.
click here for its webpage..

Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? - Posted By aj999 (aj999) on 23rd Nov 09 at 3:48pm
Hi Lucy,
I'm not much of a film fanatic so I might get shot down by all the veteran film goers for mentioning an Odeon, but the Odeon inside the Rotunda in Kingston is one of my favourite places to watch a movie. Mostly because it's part of the rotunda.. meaning after the film you can always find something else to do like bowling or pool, without having to go outside in the cold and rain {Cheesy} You can even grab something to eat in Frangos, or Finesse, the all you can eat Chinese buffet, or even try sushi in the sushi bar! All in all it's a great night out but it depends what kind of experience you're looking for.
Also, because of it's size, location and being an Odeon, it always has the latest and greatest blockbusters so you'll be spoilt for choice.

Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? - Posted By jemmaaston (jemmaaston) on 16th Feb 10 at 12:13pm
I am weary of all these cinemas showing the same movies - mostly American and advertisied to death before they even come to Britain. Does anyone know of a cinema club in the Farnham/Guildford area which shows a greater diversity of movies? And possibly even post-viewing discussion group?

Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? - Posted By keithrich (keithrich) on 28th Feb 10 at 2:14pm
Whatever happened to films filmed in 70mm? Does anyone remember this? Two films have stuck in my mind over the years that were filmed this way are; Where Eagles Dare and Ice Station Zebra. Anyone remember these...or is it just me {Cry}

Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? - Posted By onlinejack (onlinejack) on 9th Apr 10 at 10:29am
Any One seen Movie Avatar.Please Give Some Reviews About It

I Am Willing To See This.But I Can't Because Of Short Time.

Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? - Posted By piterjhon001 (piterjhon001) on 16th Apr 11 at 6:09pm

Any One seen Movie Avatar.Please Give Some Reviews About It

I Am Willing To See This.But I Can't Because Of Short Time.

If you are missing AVATAR, You are missing something huge. A must see movie of all time.

Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? - Posted By jacob143 (jacob143) on 27th Feb 13 at 2:01pm
My most recent favorite has to be DJango Unchained. It was quite a while since we saw a Quentin Tarantino classic and with this movie he was at his best. Though a shame, that Leonardo didn't win any Academy Awards this time and neither did Samuel L. Jackson.