surrey-online.co.uk

Welcome to the
surrey-online.CO.UK
registration form

By registering for free you will get access to our Online Forum and you will be able to comment on news articles
surrey-online.co.uk :: surreyLIVING :: Cinemas & Films :: What's your favourite cinema and why? - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
lucymac
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Sex: Unspecified
What's your favourite cinema and why? (23rd Nov 09 at 11:39am UTC)
Hi,

I'm really keen on films and love going to the cinema. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with which cinemas are the best and definately worth a visit!

Thanks {Grin}

asurreywalker
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? (23rd Nov 09 at 2:12pm UTC)
The Richmond Filmhouse is a 1 screen cinema which usually shows 'arthouse' films - but some major releases get shown here. Cosy and great when you want a change from the multiplexes cattle-herding techniques.
click here for its webpage..

aj999
[Avatar]

Regular Member ***
Sex: Male
Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? (23rd Nov 09 at 2:48pm UTC)
Hi Lucy,
I'm not much of a film fanatic so I might get shot down by all the veteran film goers for mentioning an Odeon, but the Odeon inside the Rotunda in Kingston is one of my favourite places to watch a movie. Mostly because it's part of the rotunda.. meaning after the film you can always find something else to do like bowling or pool, without having to go outside in the cold and rain {Cheesy} You can even grab something to eat in Frangos, or Finesse, the all you can eat Chinese buffet, or even try sushi in the sushi bar! All in all it's a great night out but it depends what kind of experience you're looking for.
Also, because of it's size, location and being an Odeon, it always has the latest and greatest blockbusters so you'll be spoilt for choice.

jemmaaston
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? (16th Feb 10 at 11:13am UTC)
I am weary of all these cinemas showing the same movies - mostly American and advertisied to death before they even come to Britain. Does anyone know of a cinema club in the Farnham/Guildford area which shows a greater diversity of movies? And possibly even post-viewing discussion group?

keithrich
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? (28th Feb 10 at 1:14pm UTC)
Whatever happened to films filmed in 70mm? Does anyone remember this? Two films have stuck in my mind over the years that were filmed this way are; Where Eagles Dare and Ice Station Zebra. Anyone remember these...or is it just me {Cry}

www.epublishingonline.co.uk

onlinejack
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? (9th Apr 10 at 9:29am UTC)
Any One seen Movie Avatar.Please Give Some Reviews About It

I Am Willing To See This.But I Can't Because Of Short Time.

piterjhon001
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Sex: Male
Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? (16th Apr 11 at 5:09pm UTC)

Any One seen Movie Avatar.Please Give Some Reviews About It

I Am Willing To See This.But I Can't Because Of Short Time.

If you are missing AVATAR, You are missing something huge. A must see movie of all time.

send flowers uk

jacob143
No Avatar

Junior Member **
Re: What's your favourite cinema and why? (27th Feb 13 at 1:01pm UTC)
My most recent favorite has to be DJango Unchained. It was quite a while since we saw a Quentin Tarantino classic and with this movie he was at his best. Though a shame, that Leonardo didn't win any Academy Awards this time and neither did Samuel L. Jackson.

Removals Croydon | Removals to Spain
 Printable View